The DOE Scholars Program is designed to attract talented undergraduate and graduate students, and recent graduates in a variety of fields. This program will help prepare you to pursue the full range of entry and mid-level research, technical and professional positions within the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and organizations that support the DOE mission. Opportunities are available for a variety of disciplines at DOE facilities nationwide.
The DOE Scholars Program is open to all students and recent graduates who meet the following qualifications:
- Be a U.S. Citizen at the time of application.
- Be 18 years of age or older by the application deadline.
- Meet one of the following conditions:
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited institute of higher education.
- Have completed an undergraduate (B.A., B.S. or equivalent) or graduate (M.S., DVM, Ph.D., MD or equivalent) degree within five years of the application deadline.
- Be a U.S. military Veteran who has been honorably discharged and/or who has been medically discharged because of a service-connected disability and who received a college degree in an appropriate discipline within ten years of the desired start date.
- Have completed a qualifying certificate program within one year of the desired start date are also eligible for a postgraduate appointment. The qualifying certificate program must be offered by an accredited academic institution; must require a minimum of 30 semester credit hours or the equivalent; must be in an appropriate science, technology, engineering, or math discipline; and should be related to or complement a prior degree earned (bachelor’s degree or higher)
- Must be pursuing a degree or have a degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) discipline or field that supports the DOE mission.