The ACS Scholars Program awards renewable scholarships to underrepresented minority students majoring in undergraduate chemistry-related disciplines, and are also intending to pursue careers in chemistry-related fields. Selected recipients are awarded up to $5,000 per academic year. To date, over 3,000 students have received a funding from the ACS Scholars Program.
The ACS Scholars Program is open to:
• U.S. citizens or a legal permanent U.S. residents
• African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, or American Indian
• Graduating high school seniors or college freshmen, sophomores or juniors. Seniors can apply for their fifth year.
• Those intending to major or are already majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical technology, or another chemistry-related science AND planning
to pursue a career in a chemistry-related science as well
• Full-time students at a high school or an accredited college, university, or community college
• Those demonstrating high academic achievement in chemistry or science (Grade Point Average 3.0 or higher)